How to Take Advantage of the In Progress Tab
In Progress Tab Layout
As applications come in, it can get difficult to operate based on memory alone. Remembering who has an interview scheduled and who needs to finish a pre-employment background check can be difficult, even for the best of us. With the "In Progress" tab, you're able to see exactly where each applicant is in the hiring process, and what next steps are in order.
Once you are in the In Progress tab, you will see that the hiring process is broken down into steps:
- Interested: After you have screened a candidate and marked them as someone you are interested in, they move here.
- Phone Interviewing: Phone interviews are an optional step and can be toggled on or off within the "Company Settings" tab. Applicants who you're interested in can be moved to phone interviewing or straight to an in-person interview, depending on your company's hiring process.
- Interviewing: Any candidate that you have scheduled an interview date/time with through Team Engine will move here.
- The final two steps cover aspects of the hiring process that need to be completed before someone can fully join the team:
- Onboarding: In this phase you can have a checklist of pre-employment actions like a background check or drug test that applicants need to complete, once these actions are completed the applicants can be moved to the directory!
Additionally, once you have set up an interview, Team Engine takes the stress out of scheduling by maintaining an ongoing calendar for each scheduled interview and start date. You can find this on the right side of the screen in the In Progress Tab.
There are many reasons to "save" an applicant. Maybe they're a great fit, but the job has been filled. Whatever the reason may be, saving applicants allows you to curate your own applicant pool to refer to when you are looking to hire again. To save an applicant, just click on the save button.
You can save an applicant at any stage in the hiring process by clicking "Other" and then selecting "Save." After you save an applicant you will be prompted to send them a message alerting them of their status change. This is an automated message that can be turned on or off or edited in the hiring process tab. When the message pops up you can cancel or edit that specific message in that box.
You also have the option to add in the reason for saving the applicant, as well as a reach back out date so you can be reminded to get back in touch with applicants.
All saved applicants can be found within the "Saved" tab. Additionally, all rejected and expired applicants can be found in the section directly next to "Saved."
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I accidentally move someone to the wrong stage of the hiring process?
- To remedy an accidental stage change, just click on "Other" next to an applicant's name and select the correct stage (applicants can be moved forward and backward in the hiring process). The only limitation with stage changes comes when trying to move an applicant back into the "Needs Review" section, which cannot be done at this time.
Similar to the above question, what if I accidentally click "Started" for an applicant who is still in the hiring process?
- If you accidentally click "Started" on an applicant prematurely, you can move them back to Awaiting Start by navigating to their employee profile in your Directory. Then select the three dots in the top right corner and click "Move back to hiring."