The Hiring Process and Applicant Tracking System
Team Engine is built to handle the whole hiring process, from tracking applicants as they move through your pipeline to scheduling interviews. Through the software, you can view a library of historical applicants for any role you have, keep track of what step of the hiring process an applicant is on, and record notes and comments (either during an interview or just general thoughts). There's no need for any other applicant tracking system or interview software, Team Engine can handle every step - from the moment a candidate hits apply, to the second they clock in on their first day.
Overview of the Applicant Stages
While the In Progress tab acts as a visual representation of the hiring pipeline, Team Engine separates the process into 6 stages:
- Applied: Anyone that applies and isn't auto screened initially gets marked as applied. For candidates that don't have a complete application or don't meet the filters get marked as archived and stored as a different group outside the applicant pool.
- Interested: People marked as interested should be those you want to learn more about or potentially schedule interviews with.
- Interviewing: A candidate is marked as interviewing when an interview is scheduled or has been conducted but there is no info on how it went yet.
- Finalizing hire: Team Engine keeps track of all necessary pre-hire steps, such as drug tests and background checks. As a candidate works through these, they are tracked through each step and marked as finalizing hire.
- Hired: Hired is the phase before someone starts on their first day.
- Started: Team Engine's tracking system includes once the person is hired and has started working. Users can mark people as fired or quit to help track how retention is going.
Viewing Previous Applicants
Outside of these stages, job-seekers can also end up as archived or rejected. If an applicant spends longer than four weeks marked as applied, they get marked as archived and taken out of the applicant pool. If the candidate follows up later and adds their licenses or completes more of their application, they will be un-archived. You can always go back to see all archived and rejected applicants by going to the right-hand side of the in-progress tab. People can only apply for a specific job with Team Engine once. If someone decides to apply to a job again, they will automatically be screened out by our software. Additionally, if you remember the candidate's name you can search for them using the looking glass icon in the upper right corner of the need review tab (next to add applicant).
Why Move People Between Stages
In order to work as your applicant tracking software, Team Engine needs its users to consistently move applicants between stages as they move through the hiring process. Internally, Team Engine can use this data to improve its targeting and screening, giving you better applicants. For users, moving applicants through the stages provides a better level of organization - it can be hard to find a candidate if you didn't move them to the right stage of the process.
To learn more about how to move people through each stage and utilize our applicant tracking, refer to our article on applicant workflow.